LaFayette Engineering, Inc.
126 Letton Drive
Danville, Kentucky 40422
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
Lafayette Engineering has a staff of engineers with years of PLC programming experience. Our experienced group of highly proficient PLC programmers has developed a programming standard that provides for quick development, quality code, and easy maintenance.
Our PLC experience covers most of the available hardware and software programming environments including:
- Rockwell Automation Allen Bradley Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC) – CompactLogix and ControLogix
- Rockwell Automation Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) - Pico, MicroLogix, SLC, PLC-5
- Schneider Electric PLC products using Unity Pro Software
- Support for legacy Modicon products using PROworks 32 programming software
- GE Intelligent Platforms's Proficy Machine Edition
- Entivity Steeplechase Visual Logic Controller (VLC)
- Siemens SIMATIC programmable logic controllers
While the fundamental concepts of PLC programming are common to all manufacturers, differences in I/O addressing, memory organization and instruction set mean that PLC programs are never perfectly interchangeable between different environments. Even within the same product line of a single manufacturer, different models may not be directly compatible. Lafayette Engineering understands these differences so we can better support you.
Our team is knowledgeable and proficient in the use of IEC 1131-3, the international standard for programmable controller programming languages:
- Ladder Logic (LL)
- Ladder diagram (LD)
- Sequential Function Charts (SFC)
- Function Block Diagram (FBD
- Structured Text (ST)
- Instruction List (IL)
You can trust Lafayette Engineering to stay current on all new technologies.